A Lewisville Immigration Attorney Discusses Immigration Law

Lewisville Immigration AttorneyIf you need assistance getting legal status for a loved one or need help getting a visa for an employee, you should talk to a Lewisville immigration attorney. Immigration issues are some of the most important legal matters you can deal with. Unfortunately, the federal system makes the immigration process very difficult and complicated.

Getting Permanent Residency with the Help of a Lewisville Immigration Attorney

Individuals hoping to become U.S. citizens need to first become a U.S. permanent resident. A Lewisville immigration lawyer can explain to you that there are several different methods to become a permanent resident:

  • Family. If you are an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, you may be eligible for permanent residency. On the other hand, if you are a relative of a permanent resident, you may have to wait some time to apply for permanent residency yourself as a Lewisville immigration lawyer can explain.
  • Work. Your employer may help you get a Green Card. Generally, the waiting time to get permanent residency can depend upon your skill set and even what country you are applying from.

Becoming a Citizen with the Help of a Lewisville Immigration Attorney

After you become a permanent resident, you may be able to apply for citizenship provided that you meet certain conditions as a Lewisville immigration attorney can tell you:

  • Time. Generally, you must be a permanent resident for more than five years.
  • Age. Only adults over the age of 18 can apply for citizenship.
  • Character. You will generally need a clean criminal history to get approved for citizenship, though a Lewisville immigration attorney can explain to you certain exceptions.
  • Test. You must be able to pass an English language test and have a basic understanding of U.S. history and civics.

Getting a Non-Immigrant Visa with the Help of a Lewisville Immigration Lawyer

An experienced attorney can assist you in getting a visa to enter the U.S. if you only plan on visiting for a short time or plan to work on a non-permanent basis.

Contact a Lewisville Immigration Attorney

If you have any questions about an immigration matter, contact an attorney at the Casaubon Firm L.L.P. by calling 972-221-4541.